The Performance Audit from Command Prompt is the perfect way to identify Performance and Maintenance hot spots on a production system. It is especially effective when combined with an configuration and systems review such as the the Audit and Tune.
We achieve this by examining all kinds of system indicators, from information collected by monitoring tools and logs to the database statistics. Based on this data, we make suggestions about PostgreSQL configuration and query performance.
- Analyze information from system monitoring tools, such as sar, iostat, and vmstat
- Examine table and index bloat
- Check system-wide autovacuum settings
- Check logs for errors and warnings
- Identify and examine slow queries
- Check wal/checkpoints for performance bottlenecks
- Check for unused indexes
- Recommendations for optimization of the top slowest queries
Contact us today to schedule a Performance Audit.